Bauer’s leave extended as police complete investigation

0

Published on:

Los Angeles (AFP)

Trevor Bauer’s administrative leave was extended by a week on Friday as police investigating assault allegations against the Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher completed their investigation.

Major League Baseball has said the reigning National League Award winner Cy Young will now remain on leave until at least September 3.

The extension came as the Pasadena Police Department confirmed investigators had completed their investigations and presented the case to the local district attorney’s office for possible prosecution.

Lt. Carolyn Gordon said after a “full investigation” Bauer’s case was now in the hands of prosecutors for review.

Bauer has not played since he was initially put on leave from Major League Baseball in July after assault allegations against him emerged.

A 27-year-old woman says Bauer punched and strangled her unconscious during separated sex in April and May of this year.

Bauer has denied any wrongdoing, with his attorney and representatives claiming all encounters were entirely consensual.

The pitcher’s accuser was denied a request for a five-year restraining order in a Los Angeles Superior Court hearing last week.

Separately, the Washington Post reported earlier this month that Bauer was placed on a temporary protection order in June 2020 by a woman in Ohio who said Bauer hit and strangled her for a while. sex without her consent.

Bauer rebuffed the Post’s allegations, accusing the woman and her lawyers of “carrying out threats to harm me by perpetuating a false story.”

The Dodgers signed a three-year, $ 102 million contract with Bauer this year after the pitcher left the Cincinnati Reds.


Source link

Share.

Leave A Reply