TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) – Local and state law enforcement agencies are receiving an injection of more than $11.5 million from Congress.
US Senator Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) Says $11,540,000 is being directed to Kansas law enforcement for the fiscal 2022 appropriations package, along with increases to the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program and Community Based Policing Hiring Program.
“At a time when some groups are calling for the defunding of the police, when the work and dedication of the men and women in blue are in question, I have and will continue to be an advocate for our forces in the order,” Senator Moran said. . “After trying to slash law enforcement programs, my committee was able to protect and increase vital resources for our men and women in blue. This includes new funding to ensure select police officers receive the best training, latest technology and tools they need to protect our communities and keep our officers safe.
“I appreciate the county sheriffs, police chiefs, state troopers and officers who speak to me frequently about what their departments face on a daily basis and tell me about the resources they need to succeed in our communities,” continued Moran. “I support our law enforcement agencies and will continue to do whatever I can to support them in the United States Senate. Our police officers need to know that we care about them; we respect them; and we have their six.
Moran said the law enforcement agencies receiving resources from Congress are as follows:
- Arkansas Police Department
- Atchison Police Department
- Cherokee County Sheriff
- Concordia Police Department
- El Dorado Police Department
- Ford County Sheriff
- Garden City Police Department
- Gardner Police Department
- Graham County Sheriff
- Greeley County Sheriff
- Fort Hays State University De-escalation Center
- Hiawatha Police Department
- Johnson County Sheriff
- Kansas Bureau of Investigation
- Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center
- Leavenworth Police Department
- Mission Police Department
- Olathe Police Station
- Overland Park Police Department
- Parson Police Department
- Pittsburg Police Department
- Prairie Village Police Department
- Riley County Police Department
- Rose Hill Police Department
- Sedgwick County Sheriff
- Central Valley Police Department
- Wichita Police Department
- Wyandotte County Sheriff
Copyright 2022 WIBW. All rights reserved.